- This event has passed.
Partner Event: Foodbank Farm 5k 2021
November 25, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Support Twin Villages Foodbank Farm with a Thanksgiving Day 5K Trail Run or 1-Mile Walk/Fun Run!
This is a volunteer-organized event taking place at Coastal Rivers Salt Bay Farm in Damariscotta. There is no fee to participate, but monetary donations of any amount to the Foodbank Farm are encouraged!
- The farmhouse will not be open this year – but there will be port-a-potties available.
- Please register online by midnight on November 23.
- All participants over age 11 must be vaccinated against Covid-19. You’ll be asked to confirm your vaccination status during registration.
- The 5k Run and 1-Mile Walk/Fun Run both start at 9:00 AM.
- The 5k will not be *officially* timed, but we will have someone standing by to let you know your finish time. If you are interested in that sort of thing.
- The 5K course follows a broad, mown trail on two loops through fields along Great Salt Bay, with gentle, rolling hills and one more formidable hill. Scroll down to see the course map. Be advised, this time of year, the weather can be unpredictable at best. in 2018 the temperature was 5° with a bitter windchill and 6″ of snow on the ground. In 2019 we had snow flurries and mud. In 2020 we had… well, we had Covid. What will 2021 bring us? We can’t wait to find out.
- Runners and walkers of all ages, as well as well-behaved dogs on leashes, are welcome.
- There will be (modest) prizes for the top overall male and female finishers.
How to register
Registration is free – though we welcome monetary donations of any amount! To register, use the button below.