2019 Coastal Rivers Paddlers (formerly PWA Paddlers)
Our 15th season for saltwater paddles & 5th season for flatwater paddles
Check below for this year’s schedule of paddles sponsored by Coastal Rivers. The paddles are free, and the public is welcome. Most paddles commence at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday (unless otherwise noted) and generally last approximately 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours (see schedule for specific times).
Important: Coastal Rivers recognizes that there may be some element of risk in any outdoor activity, and requests that all paddlers have a signed Coastal Rivers Paddlers Release Form on file with Coastal Rivers. Please download and print the form (revised 5/2/2015) and bring it to the first paddling event that you attend. The trip leader also will have blank forms available. Release forms expire every five (5) years. Participants are also responsible for filling out a new release anytime there is a change in address, phone number, email, medical information or emergency contact.
Equipment and Safety Requirements:
- Paddlers must provide their own kayak or canoe.
- Paddlers must wear a personal flotation device (life jacket).
- Paddlers must utilize appropriate safety gear.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All paddlers participating in Coastal Rivers trips are responsible for their own safety and each participant should determine in advance if conditions are suitable for his/her skill level.
- All paddlers must have a written release form on file with Coastal Rivers or complete one at the time of the paddle. The release form also may be obtained from the paddle leader.
Coastal Rivers 2019 Salt Water & Fresh Water Paddle Schedule
View/download the schedule here: 2019 PADDLES SCHEDULE
This year Coastal Rivers is sponsoring 20 salt water paddles and 13 fresh water paddles. The events are free and all are welcome. Coastal Rivers membership is not required. Unless otherwise noted, paddles commence, rain or shine, at:
- 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays (S) and last 2½ to 3½ hours
- 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays (W) and last approximately 2 to 2½ hours
To facilitate leaving the launch site promptly, paddlers are requested to arrive 20-30 minutes prior to launch time. Advisory: All Saturday paddles involve ocean paddling.
- Trip leaders will have a map, a cell phone, a marine phone, a tow rope, a basic first aid kit, and an extra paddle in his/her kayak.
- Participants must provide their own kayak or canoe, wear a personal flotation device (life jacket), drinking water, bug spray, and any medications (prescribed and/or over-the-counter) they may need on the trip.
We welcome all those who would like to join us on the water!
Paddle weather cancellations:
Coastal Rivers paddles are held rain or shine. If weather conditions are extreme, the decision to cancel will be made at the launch site, and paddlers will determine as a group whether to reschedule.
Coastal Rivers paddle coordinator Jean Smith may be contacted at 207-312-3846 or at firstname.lastname@example.org