When visiting Coastal Rivers Conservation Trust properties, please observe the following to:
- Protect natural and cultural resources
- Maximize visitor enjoyment, safety, and learning
Leave No Trace:
Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Know the weather and terrain, dress appropriately
Travel on Durable Surfaces
- Walk on trails, rocks, beaches. Day use only
Help prevent erosion
- Avoid climbing up or down exposed banks at the water’s edge, as this contributes to erosion.
- Several of our preserves have historic shell middens on them. These middens are an artifact of the ancestors of today’s Wabanaki people who lived here thousands of years ago. They are archeological sites of great value and we ask that you please help preserve them by keeping people and pets off of them.
Dispose of Waste Properly
- Carry out all waste. If you can also carry out any waste found, we will be very grateful!
Leave What You Find
- Pick/cut no flowers or plants. Remove no artifacts
Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Kindle no fires
- Observe from a distance
- Keep pets under control
Be Considerate of Other Visitors
- Enjoy this preserve quietly
Enjoy your visit!
The member-driven Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics teaches people how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly. This copyrighted information has been reprinted with permission from the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.